Commonwealth Care Alliance is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization providing integrated health care and social support services to people with complex medical needs. Our patients are seniors and persons with disabilities covered under Medicaid or both Medicaid and Medicare. Our innovative care model is nationally recognized for its effectiveness in improving health outcomes for these vulnerable populations.
Our unique care model is empowering for our employees as well as our members. Whether you are a clinical or administrative professional, all of us at Commonwealth Care Alliance receive the satisfaction of knowing our work truly makes a difference. We enjoy a company culture of passionate advocacy in a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning, competitive salaries, and a generous and comprehensive benefit package. Under the direction of the CIO, Commonwealth Care Alliance is seeking a Director of application development, innovation and support who will be a key member of the IT Technology leadership team with primary responsibility for leading the strategic design, development and continuous improvement of enterprise-wide clinical/business/administrative applications including driving innovation, architecture, application development, managing 3rd party applications, integration, application support, testing and software vendor management.
The Successful candidate will be an influential leader with healthcare, business and technology knowledge, a tremendous customer focus, a first class problem solver, and inspirational people manager.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for enterprise-wide application development, application support of all 3rd party business/clinical/administrative solutions, integration/EDI and Software Quality Assurance.
- Responsible for promoting technology innovation by identifying and researching new and relevant technologies to support the enablement of a digital enterprise and delivering on business goals
- Collaborate with IT/Business/Clinical leadership in evolving vision for end-user solutions and technologies to drive efficiency and productivity
- Build collaborative relationships with IT teams, business and clinical partners
- Driving innovation and creative solutions to business and technical challenges on an on-going basis
- Manage software vendor relationships, contracts, licensing and outsourcing relationships
- Direct development teams, integration engineers and software quality assurance
- Direct the application management team including goal setting, performance management, coaching, mentoring and ensuring the teams skills, certifications and capabilities are kept up-to-date through the development of training and development programs
- Responsible for IT strategic planning, resource capacity planning and development of an IT applications roadmap
- Budget, track and forecast spend, evaluate net technologies and development efforts (make vs buy decisions)
- Ensure Application development initiatives are well managed and deliver on expectations regarding functionality, timeliness and cost.
- Installation and delivery of application software using an Agile development lifecycle
- Drive the creation and implementation of automated testing frameworks that reduce QA cycles and increase team velocity
- Provides leadership to ensure application development and support teams work collaboratively with other IT and business teams ensuring architecture and security standards, tracking metrics and continuous improvement standards are adhered too.
- Plans, directs, coordinates and reviews all the work activities of the application development and support teams. Meets with teams to identify and resolve roadblocks.
- Continue the advancement of leveraging Agile.
- BS/MS in computer science, software engineering or Management Information Systems.
- 10+ years’ in a leadership role in software architecture, design, development and support including experience leading a team and managing software vendors
- 10+ years within a programming and application system environment (.Net, Java, SQL Server, MySQL, SOA, ETL & Data integration tools)
- 3 years’ experience with healthcare EDI/HIE and HL7 interoperability standards
- 5+ years’ experience in a clinical/healthcare environment leading software development and 3rd party software implementation projects and post-production support
- Experience with CRM, Care Management/EMRs, Dynamics (Great Plains), Sharepoint, healthcare claims processing a plus
- Highly effective analytical, negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Removes barriers and acts with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, as well as accuracy and attention to details.
- Must have demonstrated progressive levels of responsibility, experience and leadership.
- Demonstrable ability to interact effectively with people at all levels from multiple areas of the company.