Commonwealth Care Alliance is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization providing integrated health care and social support services to people with complex medical needs. Our patients are seniors and persons with disabilities covered under Medicaid or both Medicaid and Medicare. Our innovative care model is nationally recognized for its effectiveness in improving health outcomes for these vulnerable populations.
Our unique care model is empowering for our employees as well as our members. Whether you are a clinical or administrative professional, all of us at Commonwealth Care Alliance receive the satisfaction of knowing our work truly makes a difference. We enjoy a company culture of passionate advocacy in a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning, competitive salaries, and a generous and comprehensive benefit package.
This position includes a variety of support functions for clinical staff, team leads and clinical managers. These functions are related to overall workflow for Senior Care Options(SCO) and One Care clinical staff, as well as managing a variety of communications requests as directed by the clinical team members. This position will provide administrative task for the office as needed
• At request of clinician, schedule patient appointments for referrals to specialists.
• Initiate referrals (appointments) and provide documentation to home care agencies for services, specialists, and specialists as requested by clinicians.
• Monitor status of referral request and follow-up as necessary to ensure patient receives service on timely basis.
• Responsible for drafting patient related correspondence as requested by clinicians.
• Triage calls from members, families, caregivers, providers, agencies and enter telephone encounters for members related calls and also call or email for important/urgent calls to appropriate clinicians.
• Scan documents and necessary medical records into eCW.
• Input clinical parameters including lab results and immunizations into eCW.
• Fax information and/or prescription orders to pharmacies at request of clinicians
Minimum Education Required: Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Minimum Years Experience 3
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities • Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to problem solve with minimal supervision.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Knowledge of medical terminology