ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW: Commonwealth Care Alliance is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization providing integrated health care and social support services to people with complex medical needs. Our patients are seniors and persons with disabilities covered under Medicaid or both Medicaid and Medicare. Our innovative care model is nationally recognized for its effectiveness in improving health outcomes for these vulnerable populations. Our unique care model is empowering for our employees as well as our members. Whether you are a clinical or administrative professional, all of us at Commonwealth Care Alliance receive the satisfaction of knowing our work truly makes a difference. We enjoy a company culture of passionate advocacy in a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning, competitive salaries, and a generous and comprehensive benefit package
The Behavioral Health Specialist (BH Specialist) provides behavioral health assessments, consultation, education, and support to CCA SCO and One Care clinicians regarding behavioral health/substance abuse treatment and management. The BH Specialist coordinates behavioral health/addiction treatment services in accordance with the treatment plan, and works collaboratively with the clinical team to manage or co-manage complex behavioral health cases
Secondary Responsibilities Spanish, Portuguese, and or Haitian Creole fluency highly preferred/Necessary if working in Western Mass location
Minimum Education Required Master's Degree
Preferred_Educational_Experience Master’s in Social Work or Psychology or Advance Practice Nurse
Minimum Years Experience Required 3-5 years
Licensure with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a LCSW, LICSW, or LMHC PHD, Psy D
Must have a valid Drivers License with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and a reliable car
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to implement creative solutions to behavioral health problems.
• Understands, maintains and can effectively communicate the standards of Compliance.
• Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously as evidenced by demonstrating effective time management skills.
• Maintains appropriate written and oral communication, documenting patient encounters, communicating with regulating agencies that may be involved in care, and communicating findings with primary care team
• Motivates, empowers, inspires and collaborates with all members of the organization
• Able to work effectively as a part of a team
• Effectively understands, communicates, and interacts with people across cultures and social disparities. Aware of one’s own cultural worldview and one’s attitude towards cultural differences and social justice. Possesses knowledge of different cultural practices and worldviews, and exhibits cross-cultural skills.
• Crisis experience preferred, including telephonic