Commonwealth Care Alliance
Commonwealth Care Alliance is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization providing integrated health care and social support services to people with complex medical needs. Our patients are seniors and persons with disabilities covered under Medicaid or both Medicaid and Medicare. Our innovative care model is nationally recognized for its effectiveness in improving health outcomes for these vulnerable populations.
Our unique care model is empowering for our employees as well as our members. Whether you are a clinical or administrative professional, all of us at Commonwealth Care Alliance receive the satisfaction of knowing our work truly makes a difference. We enjoy a company culture of passionate advocacy in a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning, competitive salaries, and a generous and comprehensive benefit package.
The Sales Associate will support CCA's member acquisition process. This individual will be responsible for coordination of the "inside sales" process by engaging with prospective members that call CCA's sales line for information, and booking appointments for CCA's representatives in the field. They will also be responsible for providing internal support to field staff as needed. In addition the Sales Associate will be responsible for working with organizations to promote CCA's One Care and SCO products, attend related events, and support the new member application process
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Assist prospective members that contact CCA over the phone and advance the sales cycle.
- Determine eligibility to enroll in CCA, providing callers with an overview of the program, the model of care and the provider network.
- Effectively position CCA, overcome obstacles raised by prospective members, and book enrollment appointments for the field team.
- Support different sales initiatives for both the Senior Care Options (SCO) and One Care programs, including working with community organizations, attending product presentations to prospective members, staffing a table at an event, completing new member applications or assisting members in connecting with state brokers to enroll when required.
- Work with CCA's key business partners to provide information and enrollment assistance via outbound calls to individuals who have requested it.
- Work with prospective members in completing the application process for MassHealth to secure eligibility for CCA products.
- Support member retention issues as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the field team.
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws
- BA/ BS Degree preferred, or Associates Degree with 4 years related experience
- Experience in sales, marketing, customer service. Experience working for an organization in the member acquisition process preferred
- 1-3 years of sales or customer service experience
- Experience working with seniors or individuals with disabilities
- Knowledgeable about the consultative sales process and ability to "close the sale"
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to overcome challenges and advance the individual sales cycle
- Knowledge of the health care system and subsidized health insurance
- Experience working with community partners to generate business
- Must be an organized self-starter with the capability to support different marketing initiatives as needed in an evolving market place
- Must be able to work with prospective members over the phone, in their home or in community settings
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Must have own vehicle for occasional travel to different sites
- Bilingual individual preferred but not required
- Must be a licensed agent or must obtain state health & accident insurance license within 90 days of hire