Commonwealth Care Alliance is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization providing integrated health care and social support services to people with complex medical needs. Our patients are seniors and persons with disabilities covered under Medicaid or both Medicaid and Medicare. Our innovative care model is nationally recognized for its effectiveness in improving health outcomes for these vulnerable populations.
Our unique care model is empowering for our employees as well as our members. Whether you are a clinical or administrative professional, all of us at
Commonwealth Care Alliance receive the satisfaction of knowing our work truly makes a difference. We enjoy a company culture of passionate advocacy in a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning, competitive salaries, and a generous and comprehensive benefit package.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) This position will cover members in Metro Boston
Provides nursing care to patients in a clinical setting and in patient homes. Coordinates activities with primary care nurse, Primary Care Team members and community resources.
• Assesses the health needs of patients under the supervision of the primary registered nurse.
• Evaluates the impact of the home environment on the health and safety of patients.
• Establishes plan of care jointly with medical doctor, primary care nurse, patient, and family.
• Observes patients, charts and reports changes in patients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and takes any necessary action.
• Administers prescribed medications, and notes times and amounts on patients' charts.
• Measures and records patients' vital signs as required.
• Provides basic patient care and treatments, such as wound care and other treatments as required.
• Works as part of a health care team to assess patient needs, plan and modify care and implement interventions.
• Utilizes community and agency resources as needed.
• Collaborates with Registered Nurse on all cases to ensure delivery of quality patient care.
• Assures accurate and timely documentation of care per company standards.
• Keeps abreast of all changes by attending team, full staff, mandatory and hoc meetings.
Minimum Education: Valid LPN License for MA
Minimum 2 years
• Must hold current LPN License to practice in Massachusetts
• Current CPR Certification
• Bi- or multi-language skills highly desired
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws