Primary Care PhysicianCommonwealth Community Care Organization Overview
Commonwealth Care Alliance is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization providing integrated health care and social support services to people with complex medical needs. Our patients are seniors and persons with disabilities covered under Medicaid or both Medicaid and Medicare. Our innovative care model is nationally recognized for its effectiveness in improving health outcomes for these vulnerable populations. Commonwealth Community Care is the primary care arm of this organization.
Our unique care model is empowering for our employees as well as our members. Whether you are a clinical or administrative professional, all of us at Commonwealth Care Alliance receive the satisfaction of knowing our work truly makes a difference. We enjoy a company culture of passionate advocacy in a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning, competitive salaries, and a generous and comprehensive benefit package.
Position SummaryAs a primary care physician here, you’ll provide home based primary care to the most bio-psycho-socially complex members within Commonwealth Care Alliance (CCA). Panel sizes are small, clinical creativity is prized, and care is provided in partnership with a multidisciplinary team including nurse practitioners and integrated behavioral health. We are both provider and payor so incentives are aligned that allow you not to worry about productivity, but just to take good care of our members – your patients! You’ll find that often your first visit with a new patient is a 2 hour home visit! It is an extraordinarily satisfying way to practice, gain skills, impact some of our state’s most complex patients, and grow your career.
- Examines and treats members to ensure diagnosis and treatment of episodic issues, management of chronic issues, and fidelity to healthcare maintenance.
- Manages members in a dyad with an advanced practice clinician (PA/NP); Is responsible for the education of the advanced practice clinicians on the team.
- Owns and manages the data related to the health and well-being of members.
- Pushes forward programs of interest to the physician, including palliative care, quality improvement, women’s health, substance use disorder, etc.
- Requests necessary tests, follow-up visits and refers patients to specialists, as necessary.
- Performs outpatient procedures that the physician feels comfortable with, including pap smears, IUD insertion/removal, joint injections/aspirations, bunch biopsies
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws
- Board certified or Board eligible graduate in Family Medicine, Internal medicine, or Med-Peds