Commonwealth Care Alliance is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization providing integrated health care and social support services to people with complex medical needs. Our patients are seniors and persons with disabilities covered under Medicaid or both Medicaid and Medicare. Our innovative care model is nationally recognized for its effectiveness in improving health outcomes for these vulnerable populations.
Our unique care model is empowering for our employees as well as our members. Whether you are a clinical or administrative professional, all of us at Commonwealth Care Alliance receive the satisfaction of knowing our work truly makes a difference. We enjoy a company culture of passionate advocacy in a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning, competitive salaries, and a generous and comprehensive benefit package. Position Summary
The Senior Internal Auditor reports to the Controller and will be the company’s main liaison with our external auditors and assist them with access to confidential financial information. The role includes preparation of the draft year end audited financial statements and footnotes. The position will be responsible for internal financial reporting, internal controls and compliance, technical accounting and certain operations activities. Key Responsibilities
Minimum Education, Skills & Abilities
- Assume the role as the company’s main liaison with our external auditors which includes preparation of the draft year end audited financial statements and footnotes.
- Develop and oversee the finance/accounting department’s policy and compliance function to design, implement and manage internal control processes and procedures that provide appropriate levels of checks and balances and ensure proper results.
- Create and supervise the maintenance, distribution and compliance with accounting policies and associated research around Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Lead and execute the preparation of the Great Plains Management Reporter internal financial package and narrative on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Take the finance department lead on the completion of the tax returns (Form 990 and Form PC).
- Oversees the finance department portion of the annual SSAE16.
- Work closely with FP&A on financial report design and mapping.
- Communicate any FASB standard changes which impact the organization.
- Completes related projects as required.
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and CPA.
- 3-5 years experience.
- Very strong technical knowledge of accounting (i.e., GAAP), classification of accounts and transactions is required.
- Hands-on experience in accounting operations, the monthly/quarterly accounting close and preparation of financial statements.
- Knowledge of internal controls.
- Strong experience with Great Plains general ledger systems preferred.
- Knowledge of professional and technical reimbursement rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of financial theories, statistical analysis and healthcare delivery systems.
- Excellent communication, organization, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with MS Office applications, particularly Excel & SQL.