Position Overview:Provides administrative support to Health Outreach Worker team, which will improve ability of team to receive and process applications for affordable housing on behalf of members who are homeless or inadequately housed.
- Assists HOWs by making phone calls requesting affordable housing applications or to check on apartment availability.
- Fills out multiple housing applications using information provided by HOWs, and flags areas where information is missing or applicant signature is needed.
- Copies, mails, scans into medical record, faxes, and/or emails completed applications and verifications or other documents.
- Establishes and maintains an ongoing positive relationship with all members of the HOW team and the member's clinical care team.
- Meets with the HOW team leader on a regular basis as requested to review operational issues.
- May assist members with coordination of transportation to view apartments.
- Maintains an Excel spreadsheet listing all addresses, phone numbers, and dates applications were submitted for member.
- May occasionally be required to pick up blank housing applications from sites outside the office.
- Other related duties as may be assigned.
Minimum two years administrative support experience in a non-profit setting, preferably affordable housing, health care, legal services, or disability services. Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Word and Excel. Excellent organizational, time management and problem solving skills/ability to prioritize tasks. Ability to function effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Effective oral and written skills. Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws