Commonwealth Care Alliance is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization providing integrated health care and social support services to people with complex medical needs. Our patients are seniors and persons with disabilities covered under Medicaid or both Medicaid and Medicare. Our innovative care model is nationally recognized for its effectiveness in improving health outcomes for these vulnerable populations.
Our unique care model is empowering for our employees as well as our members. Whether you are a clinical or administrative professional, all of us at Commonwealth Care Alliance receive the satisfaction of knowing our work truly makes a difference. We enjoy a company culture of passionate advocacy in a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning, competitive salaries, and a generous and comprehensive benefit package. Position Summary
Under general direction, provides analytical, project management and database support. Gathers, compiles, organizes and documents financial information. Researches background informational material and relevant financial data. Analyzes, consolidates and interprets the data. Assists in conducting and documenting financial analyses and forecasting projects and studies for use in the development of business strategies and tactics. Builds financial models to support operational initiatives and analytical endeavors. Performs a variety of ad hoc data and financial analysis requests on behalf of the clinical programs, central departments or management. Works under supervision on routine but productive assignments. Typically reports to a Senior Financial Analyst. Key Responsibilities
- Supports on-going analyses of financial, budgetary or medical claims data, through forecasting, statistical analyses, trending, regression analyses, risk assessment, and utilization assessment. Uses professional concepts and internal policies and procedures to solve problems. Identifies key issues and trends and brings them to the attention of higher level staff members.
- Builds financial models to support operational initiatives and analytical endeavors and enable decision-making on business and strategic matters. Consolidates a wide-range of operating and financial projections for the development of short- and long-term business plans. Provides on-going financial analyses. Quantifies the financial impact of opportunities or expenditures. Tests and reconciles all financial models and analytic results.
- Works on complex financial analysis projects under the supervision of a more senior staff member. Monitors, analyzes and evaluates complex data using statistical tools to identify variances, problems and trends.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of annual and multi-year budgets, projections, forecasts and trends.
- Generates and distributes regularly scheduled financial reports. Reviews and organizes financial and operational data for reports. Utilizes statistical tools to monitor and provide ongoing analysis of these reports, noting any aberrant data.
- Participates in a variety of special studies and ad hoc analyses in support of departmental business and/or clinical objectives.
- Researches and resolves data integrity issues. Works independently or with other departments to solve problems.
- Acts as a resource to staff in other departments, providing information and explanations related to financial data as needed. Answers most questions and refers highly complex issues to others.
- Performs a variety of ad hoc data and financial analysis requests needed to support departments in their data and analytic initiatives.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics.
- Minimum 0-3 years’ experience in the area of financial or data analysis.
- Understanding and working knowledge of accounting and finance theories, practices, and regulations.
- Experience in computer modeling and forecasting.
- Ability to apply financial and statistical principles and techniques to synthesize large amounts of data. Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Detail oriented with strong technical writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience in healthcare delivery desirable.
- Must have strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel.
- SQL/Access a plus.
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws
- Busy office environment with frequent deadlines and interruptions.