Under general supervision of the Applications Development Manager, this role is responsible for programming and integrating Commonwealth Care Alliance’s various data and software systems to improve quality and efficiency across the organization. Responsible for the development and maintenance of data processes, this includes ETL processes that pull data from sources including claims data, enrollment data and clinical patient applications data. This developer will work in a team environment with 5-6 other database and/or software developers.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or Master’s Degrees in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related area. Equivalent experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- 5 to 10 years of experience with Teradata V13/14/15Development
- Strong SQL and Data Analysis
- Provide solutions for data driven applications involving large and complex data.
- Design, develop and support application solutions with a focus on Teradata architecture and its utilities such as Fast Load, Multi Load, Fast export, TPump and BTEQ.
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the application interfaces developed.
- Works in an object-oriented, multi-developer environment with version control, change management and continuous improvement protocols.
- Works closely with business users and PMO to review requirements. Develop, recommend and discuss technical designs that meet those requirements.
- Provide emergency support as necessary, including after-hours.
- Analyze, document, and perform system configuration and setup as well as integration and system testing for both externally developed and in-house developed applications.
- Trouble Shoot Issues with existing Systems and resolve.
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Provide assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
- Act as a mentor to other developers.
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws