This is a new and exciting role with the potential to have a large impact on the organization. CCA has a new Evaluation and Grant Development program, which aims to:
- Identify areas for development across Clinical Operations
- Work across CCA leadership to apply for grants to support these innovations
- Lead evaluation of initiatives
- Increase the capacity of the organization as a whole for grant development and evaluation.
The candidate will be pivotal in achieving these aims and will report to the Director of Research, Evaluation and Grant Development
Grant development and management
• To carry out analyses of content areas for grants, publications and studies. This will include analyses of peer review literature and analyses of what leading foundations are investing in in content areas. Examples of content areas could be programs to address the opioid epidemic, health & housing initiatives, reducing hospital readmission or telemedicine.
• To work with leaders across CCA to explore priority areas for development and evaluation, developing summaries of what current practice is and what high yield opportunities for improvement exist
• To take a pivotal role developing grant applications
• To take a pivotal role in project managing funded grants and preparing funding reports
• To work with grants administration to ensure financial spend is on target
• To develop positive working relationships with external stakeholders in foundations and other relevant organizations in the grant making process.
• To assist with the annual Priority Setting process for Evaluation and Development
• To develop evaluation plans, with logic models, process measures and outcome measures with CCA business owners, streamlining measurement across the organization wherever possible.
• To work in partnership with Clinical Analytics and Business Intelligence to track key performance indicators for grants, developing ongoing reporting functions and dashboards.
• To work with Quality to develop surveys or obtain member input.
• To provide in-house evaluation consultancy to assist in smaller projects where full evaluation support will not be provided.
To increase the capacity of CCA for evaluation & grant development:
• To assist in developing the CCA SOPS for evaluation and grants development
• To provide input in the development of training resources about evaluation for CCA team members
• To work with Clinical Analytics and Business Intelligence to support the development of our Clinical Research Evaluation Dataset and other data infrastructure to allow for high quality, timely data analysis
• To assist with Committee meetings and National Advisory Board meetings, writing minutes and providing input on content areas.
Master's Degree desirable
5-7 years of experience
Proven track record in Health Policy or Grant Development, ideally with complex needs populations.
• Excellent writing skills
• Excellent ability to review literature and existing best practice
• Familiarity of foundations working in these areas a plus
• Excellent project management skills
• Ability to prioritize competing opportunities
• Data analysis skills a plus, but not essential
• Commitment to serving members with complex needs and understanding of the ethical issues that need to be considered when carrying out evaluations with such a population
• Team player
• Efficient and proactive
• This position would suit an exceptional individual looking to take their career to the next level.
• Enjoys taking the initiative.
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws