This is a new and exciting role at the forefront of healthcare delivery innovation and research. CCA is pioneering two high profile research initiatives; first, we are launching an initiative for our members with high ED utilization, to reduce their acute utilization and improve their health. This project is supported by MA Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation. Second, we carrying out a randomized control trial to test if offering gift cards may increase engagement among our new members. This project is the winner of the MIT J-PAL North America Health Care Delivery Innovations Competition. We are looking for an excellent individual who will lead these two innovative projects to success. This position would suit an exceptional individual looking to take their career to its next level.
This position is one year, with the probability of extending with additional funding.
1. Project Management:
• Bringing together disparate stakeholders together to achieve project success
• Building out our project plan
• Keeping the project team on track to meet our project milestones
2. System development
• Facilitating input from advisors within community advocacy groups and current CCA beneficiaries and staff
• Convening disparate stakeholders together to develop rigorous standard operating procedures for the study. For example:
o How will we operationalize our High ED utilizer intervention and our Gift Card intervention to random samples of our members?
o How can we ensure we visit our high ED utilizers soon after an ED visit?
o How do we manage the production and mail out of greeting cards with giftcards to our members?
• Driving the development of surveys, marketing and educational resources for staff and members
• Developing key indicator tracking dashboards in partnership with business intelligence
• Ensuring all processes are HIPAA compliant and consistent with our IRB approval.
• Developing and help train team members
3. Stakeholder management
• Liaising with disparate stakeholders including the Rapid Response Team, Marketing, Member Services, Business Intelligence, Performance Improvement, Quality and IT to ensure the success of this work.
• Liaising with external stakeholders, including our funders and academics from Harvard Medical School, University of Chicago Booth and University of Austin Texas.
4. Operational roll-out
• Managing the interventions’ roll-out, addressing any issues that arise
• Supporting the CCA and academic team in the analysis
• Assisting in quality assurance
• Conducting debrief interviews with the team who implemented to get feedback on intervention design, training, etc. and facilitating feedback from the members themselves.
Minimum Education Required: Master's Degree or equivalent experience desirable but not essential
Minimum Years Experience Required: 5-7 years
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proven track record managing complex operational or research projects
• Excellent project management and organization skills
• Proven track record of being proactive and taking the initiative
• Confident leading meetings and making presentations with a range of stakeholders
• Ability to prioritize competing opportunities
• Understanding of complex healthcare databases, a plus
• Familiarity with IRB and HIPAA
• Detail oriented
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.