Commonwealth Care Alliance is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization providing integrated health care and social support services to people with complex medical needs. Our patients are seniors and persons with disabilities covered under Medicaid or both Medicaid and Medicare. Our innovative care model is nationally recognized for its effectiveness in improving health outcomes for these vulnerable populations.
Our unique care model is empowering for our employees as well as our members. Whether you are a clinical or administrative professional, all of us at Commonwealth Care Alliance receive the satisfaction of knowing our work truly makes a difference. We enjoy a company culture of passionate advocacy in a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning, competitive salaries, and a generous and comprehensive benefit package.
The Clinical Documentation Support Assistant works under the direction of the Clinical Documentation Specialist and is the primary person responsible for ensuring accurate data into Electronic Medical Record. Ongoing communication will be required with clinicians and providers, both in person or electronically on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Submit Record Requests to contracted providers caring for CGE members with no accessible external EMR.
• Enters all relevant and available clinical data into eCW from received clinical data and from accessible EMR.
• Receives and sends out Ad Hoc Record requests received from clinicians
• Receives or locates and enters all relevant clinical data for all new enrollments
• Maintains Fall log and notifies PT
• Maintains tracking log to capture all activity performed
• Back-up team members as indicated.
• Performs other duties as requested
• Actively participates in the development of workflows and processes
• Receives notification of all new enrollees and send out record requests to facilitate obtaining clinical information on member prior to Initial Comprehensive Assessment visit.
• Additional duties as identified.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• High School Diploma or GED required; additional degree, coursework in Medical Terminology, and/or additional training in related field are preferred.
• Two or more years of experience working in a medical office
• Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, medical procedures, medications , and laboratory test information
• Experience with Microsoft office including Excel or other spreadsheet software preferred
• Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to problem solve with minimum supervision
• Ability to function independently and with flexibility
• Excellent organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively as part of a team
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.