The Data Architect will be responsible for developing data-centric solutions to meet CCA business’s needs. Specifically this will involve assisting in the transformation of CCA’s existing siloed data infrastructure into an integrated one. Working closely with the business and application teams, the Data Architect will analyze CCA business needs, and develop appropriate data solutions, such as, data models, data flow diagrams, data dictionary and metadata repository, to meet them.This position will also assist in the implementation of additional MDM subject areas and assist in extending the scope of enterprise data warehouse and analytics program.
- Organize all critical data areas and domains into an architecture that provides foundation on which CCA’s business processes, specifically, financial, clinical, operational and reporting, can be rebuilt
- Work with business stakeholders to identify critical data entities, attributes, and their inter-relationships
- Assist in drafting and communicating data integration strategy and vision
- Create as-is and to-be processes and data flow diagrams
- Create a logical overview of critical entities, attributes, their inter-relationships and dependencies, and convert into 3N and dimensional data models
- Capture how data is interpreted by users in various parts of the organization
- Identify and reconcile inconsistencies in data definitions, e.g., synonyms and homonyms, into a standardized data dictionary
- Create a metadata repository containing business rules that govern transformation, integration, and use of data across the application landscape
- Help achieve LoB as well as executive buy-in for Data Governance initiatives
- Implement data quality management processes and executive dashboards
- Identify data quality metrics and implement processes that track and measure data quality continually
- Help identify and implement technologies that enable proactive issue resolution and data quality maintenance
- Mid-senior level IT resource with broad understanding of Data Architecture paradigms, approaches and implementation methodologies.
- Ability to work with the business as well as IT stakeholders.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience designing large scale data models for functional, operational and analytical environments.
- Demonstrated experience in Conceptual, Logical, Physical and Dimensional Modeling.
- Hands-on experience with data modeling tools such as, ER*Studio and Erwin.
- Knowledge of BI tools, such as Tableau and PowerBI
- Well-versed in MDM and Data Governance concepts and implementation techniques.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and ability to write SQL code.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum is valuable.
- Working knowledge of Data Virtualization tool a plus.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Industrial Engineering).
- Advanced degree in Applied Mathematics, Business Analytics, Statistics, or Computer Science a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in implementing Data Architecture solutions with minimum of 8+ years of experience as Data Architect/Data Modeler.
- Must have Healthcare (Payer, Care Provider) background. Knowledge of HC Industry trends such as ACO, HIX, HIE and HC industry solution models (HL7, HIPAA) a definite plus.