Commonwealth Care Alliance is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization providing integrated health care and social support services to people with complex medical needs. Our patients are seniors and persons with disabilities covered under Medicaid or both Medicaid and Medicare. Our innovative care model is nationally recognized for its effectiveness in improving health outcomes for these vulnerable populations.
Our unique care model is empowering for our employees as well as our members. Whether you are a clinical or administrative professional, all of us at Commonwealth Care Alliance receive the satisfaction of knowing our work truly makes a difference. We enjoy a company culture of passionate advocacy in a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning, competitive salaries, and a generous and comprehensive benefit package.
Clinical Support Coordinator
• At request of clinician, schedule patient appointments for referrals to specialists.
• Initiate referrals (appointments) and provide documentation to home care agencies for services, specialists, and specialists as requested by clinicians.
• Monitor status of referral request and follow-up as necessary to ensure patient receives service on timely basis.
• Responsible for drafting patient related correspondence as requested by clinicians.
• Triage calls from members, families, caregivers, providers, agencies and enter telephone encounters for members related calls and also call or email for important/urgent calls to appropriate clinicians.
• Scan documents and necessary medical records into eCW.
• Input clinical parameters including lab results and immunizations into eCW.
• Fax information and/or prescription orders to pharmacies at request of clinicians
• Track program enrollees for site area (i.e. Charlestown, LMV, Boston, South of Boston.)
• Obtain medical records or discharge summaries for members as needed.
• Order DME as requested by clinicians and enter authorizations into eCW
• Maintain inventory of vaccines and order as needed.
• Maintain inventory of medical supplies and order as needed,.
• Track medical supply/vaccine ordering on Excel spreadsheet.
• Track temperature reading for refrigerator in medical supply room.
• Schedule appointments, intake patients and medical assist for physician visits.
• Follow up on hospital admissions and track hospital log.
• Other related duties maybe assigned
Minimum Education Required Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Minimum Years Experience Required 3-5 years