Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications, the role of the Sr.Communications Specialist is to work independently and/or as part of a team to facilitate the execution of effective marketing communications projects and programs to support the organization’s business objectives. This is a key position on the Marketing and Communications Team for this fast-growing non-profit healthcare company, responsible for development of well-developed and effective communications. This individual will work collaboratively with members of the Marketing and Communications department, and with other departments within CCA to develop and implement integrated communications programs, and to write, edit and produce newsletters and publications for a variety of audiences. Important to this position is to be knowledgeable of CCA compliance guidelines, and to assure that all materials are compliant with CMS and MassHealth marketing guidelines.To excel in this role, you will be an amazing writer, passionately embrace our mission, collaborate with colleagues throughout the organization to support our business objectives, think and execute strategically, on time and on budget, and give us your best effort every day. In return, you’ll enjoy great satisfaction in playing a role in transforming health care delivery for some of Massachusetts most vulnerable and medically complex individuals. Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic and effective content for CCA websites, blogs, and publications that are on brand, on voice, and on strategy across different communications channels.
- Develop targeted messaging for B2B, B2C, online and offline initiatives.
- Assist in research, design, and execution of marketing campaigns.
- Provide writing and editing support for CEO’s internal communications.
- Maintain a library of CCA facts and claims, assuring quarterly review for accuracy.
- Produce quarterly member newsletters, ensuring appropriate comprehension level, and translation into key languages spoken by our members; and the bi-annual provider newsletter.
- Collaborate with agency partners and colleagues to develop and execute concepts for marketing initiatives as well as handle day-to-day turn-key copy needs.
- Provide editing and proofing support to colleagues to ensure the highest quality editorial standards.
- Successfully incorporate all changes and suggestions from CCA stakeholders, and assure and confirm accuracy of references and claims leveraged in all communications materials.
- Responsibility for print production and fulfillment of marketing communications materials.
- Ensure that all communications are compliant with CMS and MassHealth guidelines, and HIPAA.
- Adhere to all applicable compliance requirements and the Code of Conduct.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- College degree
- 5 to 8 years of marketing communications experience, ideally in a healthcare setting.
- Superior writing skills, as well as strong copy editing, proofreading and research skills.
- Participation in and understanding of content strategy
- Strong portfolio of impactful content pieces
- Demonstrated writing ability that is inspirational and straightforward
- A self – starter who is able to manage multiple projects from start to finish
- Experience writing and using white papers, case studies, and testimonials to support integrated marketing programs.
- Experience working/managing vendors.
- Strong technical skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Creative suite, Constant Contact, and electronic communications technologies.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws
- Great interpersonal skills, an upbeat, can-do attitude
- Willingness to take initiative
- Ability to manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines
- Impeccable organization and attention to detail