Company Overview Commonwealth Care Alliance is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization providing integrated health care and social support services to people with complex medical needs. Our patients are seniors and persons with disabilities covered under Medicaid or both Medicaid and Medicare. Our innovative care model is nationally recognized for its effectiveness in improving health outcomes for these vulnerable populations.
Our unique care model is empowering for our employees as well as our members. Whether you are a clinical or administrative professional, all of us at Commonwealth Care Alliance receive the satisfaction of knowing our work truly makes a difference. We enjoy a company culture of passionate advocacy in a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning, competitive salaries, and a generous and comprehensive benefit package. Position Summary
Under the guidance of the Manager of Health Information Management, the Clinical Documentation Support Assistant (CDSA) Team Lead serves as a contributor and oversees the CDSAs, those responsible for following processes to ensure HIPAA compliant release of medical records, requesting and storing medical records from external sources, and accessing medical data in external EMRs of partnering organizations. Key Responsibilities
Minimum knowledge, skills & Abilities
- Identifies missing health maintenance data (narrative notes, physical exam, lab values, vital signs, medications, diagnoses and clinical parameters, including health maintenance data) and follows up with clinician to ensure that appropriate screenings and tests are completed and entered into CCA’s EMR.
- Communicates any identified discrepancies in documentation or collected data to the Manager.
- Communicates to Manager any providers who are unwilling to send CCA requested clinical information.
- As part of the Health Information Management, gathers and logs data to be released by CCA for review by Clinical Documentation Specialist in CCA’s EMR, and in Medical Records Unit Log.
- Requests records from external facilities, providing release of information documentation, logs requests, and stores data properly in CCA’s EMR.
- Reviews external EMRs of partnering organizations for pertinent member documentation (narrative notes, physical exam, lab values, vital signs, medications, diagnoses and clinical parameters, including health maintenance data).
- The Team Lead facilitates the entry of the HEDIS measures into CCA’s EMR.
- Assists with the implementation of policies and procedures ensuring consistent application for all processes.
- Ensures that the duties and responsibilities assigned to direct reports are carried out in an efficient, systematic, and cost-effective manner, and are HIPAA compliant.
- Evaluates the data entry by Clinical Documentation Support Assistants (CDSA), to optimize reimbursement and ensure adequate collection of clinical quality data.
- Identify training needs, prepare training materials, and conduct educational training programs related to documentation requirements.
- Leads, motivates, empowers, inspires and collaborates with all members of the organization.
- Ability to function in a faced paced setting with a variety of patients and staff.
- Conducts performance reviews for clinical staff and submits salary recommendations.
- Degree or equivalent experience.
- Accredited Record Technicians certification ART, or Diploma.
- 2-4 years work experience.
- years work experience in a health care setting working with data collection and input and currently working.
- 2-3 years in a health care setting working with data collection.
- use of EMR systems.
- Understanding of medical terminology.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously as evidenced by demonstrating effective time management skills.