Commonwealth Care Alliance is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization providing integrated health care and social support services to people with complex medical needs. Our patients are seniors and persons with disabilities covered under Medicaid or both Medicaid and Medicare. Our innovative care model is nationally recognized for its effectiveness in improving health outcomes for these vulnerable populations.
Our unique care model is empowering for our employees as well as our members. Whether you are a clinical or administrative professional, all of us at Commonwealth Care Alliance receive the satisfaction of knowing our work truly makes a difference. We enjoy a company culture of passionate advocacy in a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning, competitive salaries, and a generous and comprehensive benefit package
Clinical Engagement Specialist
Although the right person for this role will have a strong social service desire and a passion to serve the underserved in the community gain access to affordable healthcare. The right person will also need to be goal oriented, focused on reaching targeted enrollment goals. The CE Specialist will work diligently to re-engage members by completing a Welcome Letter with the member and this will require, creative stick-tuitivness; as some members may present more of a challenge to locate. You know you’re right for this role, if you have the desired Associates Degree, a strong work ethic, the desire to work in the community, creative problem solving skills, a passion to help others, you are driven by success of a job well done, very good time management skills and goal oriented.
CCA has invested in both proprietary resources and has availed robust external resources to support the success of its Clinical Engagement Specialist.
We feel the best way to service our members, is to employ CE Specialist who reside in the community in which they serve.
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to make a real difference in lives of real people!
Commonwealth Care Alliance’s (CCA) Clinical Engagement Specialist is primarily responsible for locating otherwise hard-to-reach (or unreachable) members through exhaustive research and community-based activities.
He/she does this through research to identify accurate contact information for these individuals and through field-based activities, such as home-visits, visiting local gathering spots, etc. This individual works to overcome language and cultural barriers and engages caregivers and/or household members, as applicable.
• Utilizes communication skills such as motivational interviewing to gain agreement from members to participate in the onboarding or care planning process; persistently forges trusting relationships and engages individuals not readily interested in such activities.
• Uses internal and external resources (such as claims, referrals, and pharmacy data) to identify accurate, successful modes of communication with unreachable or hard-to-reach members.
• Outreach to and engages providers in research efforts, as needed.
• Outreach directly to members.
• Engages members in the most appropriate and effective setting (e.g., community, hospital, pharmacy etc.).
• Provides education to new members regarding CCA, the onboarding process and the role of the Care Partner
• Utilizes established workflows and collaborates with internal stakeholders such as: Member Services, Care Planning Team, Enrollment, Clinical Response Unit, Care Partners
• Travels extensively to members’ homes, community locations, various agencies, and other outreach destinations.
Minimum 1 year of experience. Prefer at least 2 years working in outreach or in the community with members who have behavioral health, medical conditions and social, interpersonal complexities impacting their lives
• Experience working in a multi-cultural setting.
• Experience working in a community-based setting
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws