Organization Overview: Commonwealth Care Alliance is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization providing integrated healthcare and social support services to people with complex medical needs. Our patients are seniors and persons with disabilities covered under Medicaid or both Medicaid and Medicare. Our innovative care model is nationally recognized for its effectiveness in improving health outcomes for these vulnerable populations.Our unique care model is empowering for our employees as well as our members. Whether you are a clinical or administrative professional, all of us at Commonwealth Care Alliance receive the satisfaction of knowing our work truly makes a difference. We enjoy a company culture of passionate advocacy in a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning, competitive salaries, and a generous and comprehensive benefit package. POSITION SUMMARY: Provide care management and enhanced primary care; responsible for the overall coordination of the plan of care for a specified panel of patients in need of care management. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates care for patients to ensure continuous, comprehensive care
- Functions as a primary care nurse practitioner for a specified panel of patients
- Maintains appropriate written and oral communication.
- Conducts educational and training activities that promote appropriate and effective patient care
- Participates in assessing and improving quality within the scope of responsibilities as appropriate.
- Actively participates in the evaluation of own performance.
- Participates in activities and education to maintain and advance competency.
- Seeks to maintain a work environment and maintains effective communication with other employees and managers.
- Makes decisions within the scope of the job, reflecting knowledge of facts and care for patients and employees.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and employee information.
- Communicates a positive image as a representative of CCA.
- Adhere to all applicable compliance requirements and the Code of Conduct
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- ANCC or AANP certification as an adult, geriatric or family nurse practitioner
- Unencumbered Mass license as an RN/RNP
- 3 years relevant clinical experience. Home care and care management experience desired
- Proven skills and knowledge base necessary for independent clinical decision making.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to function effectively as a part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Effective oral and written skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Effective teaching skills.
- Bilingual Candidates – Are Strongly Encouraged to apply