Commonwealth Care Alliance is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization providing integrated health care and social support services to people with complex medical needs. Our patients are seniors and persons with disabilities covered under Medicaid or both Medicaid and Medicare. Our innovative care model is nationally recognized for its effectiveness in improving health outcomes for these vulnerable populations.
Our unique care model is empowering for our employees as well as our members. Whether you are a clinical or administrative professional, all of us at Commonwealth Care Alliance receive the satisfaction of knowing our work truly makes a difference. We enjoy a company culture of passionate advocacy in a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning, competitive salaries, and a generous and comprehensive benefit package.
The Senior Systems Analyst (Sr SA) is a key interface between the Business and the Information Technology (IT) department; responsible for identifying, defining, analyzing, prioritizing and refining business requirements and use cases, and communicating the requirements & detailed use cases to the vendor and/or developers. They are the voice of the customer, stakeholder and end user in product development decisions; aligning feature and product requests with business value and assessing the suitability of operating systems, business processes, and workflow in terms of intended outcomes. The Sr SA will work directly with end users, software vendors & developers in order to achieve these outcomes and ensure successful translation of requirements and use cases into high-quality software to meet the business need(s).Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization to define, develop, shape, and refine requirements of complex software products at the heart of the company’s business.
- Confer with all levels of the business within assigned department(s) to analyze how existing operating systems may be improved or develop plans for a new systems or workflows; utilize this information to define application problem(s).
- Develop and maintain a strong, deep understanding of the processes and workflows, as well as an expertise in the functions and data of the systems supporting the business.
- Author requirements and user stories for new features, enhancements or fixes, ensuring that stakeholder and market needs are met.
- Drive and own backlog management; groom backlog of competing requirements by evaluating the business value and/or ROI of each, and prioritize the work for the development team and/or vendors.
- Write and produce quality use cases (or specifications) that detail what needs to be developed or modified for functionality within a system(s) in order to meet a business need.
- Work with IT team and business to devise innovative solutions that solve the customer and stakeholder problems.
- In conjunction with developers and DBAs, plan and analyze data structures and schemas within the systems and interfaces; design database and data dictionary criteria.
- Perform analysis and make recommendations in areas that require a high level of technical competency.
- Collaborate with and provide advice and guidance to the development and test representatives throughout the development life cycle by providing functional and domain level expertise, as required, to complete test plans, test cases, data gathering, and other activities to complete testing.
- Provide quick JIT decisions to system level questions and defect triage.
- Ensure that proposed solution concepts are aligned with the existing enterprise framework solution, as well as with the business roadmap and objectives.
- Assist in developing user documentation and departmental policies, procedures or rules that impact the use of the operating system.
- Provide production support for existing applications; triage and research submitted issues.
- Strategize with stakeholders on issues related to feature or system requests, vision, and overall business processes; assist with the design of future state business processes.
- Challenge assumptions and direction from business stakeholders when their needs are not technically achievable; provide guidance and serve as change agent who identifies the organizational improvements needed.
- Train and motivate others to use the systems and features implemented.
- Perform as a project lead; coordinates and guides the work of others (within project team) to develop, test, and implement new/enhanced/fixed program features in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Mentor new hires and junior systems analysts; provide a level of leadership and coordination within SA team.
- Enforce IT methodologies, processes, and standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.#LI-KB1
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, computer science, information technology, or equivalent education and work experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in systems analysis and/or programming required with demonstrated project management or leadership responsibilities.
- Must have 8- 10 years of experience in the health care industry.
- Extensive experience in business requirement gathering; both front-end and back-end requirement gathering.
- Proven, substantial experience with writing and producing high-quality, detailed use cases (or specifications).
- Proficient in SQL with proven experience with scripting and data analysis/mining.
- Must demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Proven experience with systems and application planning, and IT best practices.
- Substantial experience working with the data, function and design of database applications supporting operations functions.
- Competence with development and testing environments, including software rollouts and rollbacks.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws pertaining to the healthcare industry.
- Experience working with and overseeing outside developers, vendors and consultants.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving, and organizational skills; attention to detail; and ability to coordinate multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Highly self-motivated and ability to research and integrate new processes.
- Demonstrated analytical and computer proficiency necessary; capability to resolve complex problems with minimum confusion, frustration, and inconveniences for all parties concerned.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build strong relationships with internal clients, and a successful track record of collaboration toward achieving objectives expected.
- Ability to influence decision making without formal reporting structure authority.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- A self-starter who can work effectively as a member of a team or independently as the particular assignment requires with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Possesses a very strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.