Commonwealth Care Alliance is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization providing integrated health care and social support services to people with complex medical needs. Our patients are seniors and persons with disabilities covered under Medicaid or both Medicaid and Medicare. Our innovative care model is nationally recognized for its effectiveness in improving health outcomes for these vulnerable populations.
Our unique care model is empowering for our employees as well as our members. Whether you are a clinical or administrative professional, all of us at Commonwealth Care Alliance receive the satisfaction of knowing our work truly makes a difference. We enjoy a company culture of passionate advocacy in a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning, competitive salaries, and a generous and comprehensive benefit package
Clinical Engagement Specialist
This position will service Norfolk/Plymouth Counties
Commonwealth Care Alliance’s (CCA) Clinical Engagement Unit (CEU) is primarily responsible for locating otherwise hard-to-reach (or unreachable) members through exhaustive research and community-based activities.
The Clinical Engagement Specialist leads efforts to locate and engage new and previously hard-to-engage members. He/she does this through research to identify accurate contact information for these individuals and through field-based activities, such as home-visits. This individual works to overcome language and cultural barriers and engages caregivers and/or household members, as applicable.
• Utilizes communication skills such as motivational interviewing to gain agreement from members to participate in the onboarding or care planning process; persistently forges trusting relationships and engages individuals not readily interested in such activities.
• Uses internal and external resources (such as claims, referrals, and pharmacy data) to identify accurate, successful modes of communication with unreachable or hard-to-reach members.
• Outreach to and engages providers in research efforts, as needed.
• Outreach directly to members.
• Engages members in the most appropriate and effective setting (e.g., community, hospital, pharmacy etc.).
• Provides education to new members regarding CCA, the onboarding process and the role of the Care Partner
• Utilizes established workflows and collaborates with internal stakeholders such as: Member Services, Care Planning Team, Enrollment, Clinical Response Unit, Care Partners
• Travels extensively to members’ homes, community locations, various agencies, and other outreach destinations.
Minimum 1 year of experience. Prefer at least 2 years working in outreach or in the community with members who have behavioral health, medical conditions and social, interpersonal complexities impacting their lives
• Experience working in a multi-cultural setting.
• Experience working in a community-based setting
• Demonstrated understand the community served.