Commonwealth Care Alliance is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization providing integrated health care and social support services to people with complex medical needs. Our patients are seniors and persons with disabilities covered under Medicaid or both Medicaid and Medicare. Our innovative care model is nationally recognized for its effectiveness in improving health outcomes for these vulnerable populations.
Our unique care model is empowering for our employees as well as our members. Whether you are a clinical or administrative professional, all of us at Commonwealth Care Alliance receive the satisfaction of knowing our work truly makes a difference. We enjoy a company culture of passionate advocacy in a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning, competitive salaries, and a generous and comprehensive benefit package. Position Summary
Supports the regions clinical group with development of plan of care and decision making regarding skilled rehabilitation services for all One Care and SCO clients; Monitors falls, fall risk, functional decline, pain, caregiver training, member training & education, DME assessments & authorizations including bracing and orthopedic equipment, SNF audit, discharge planning & meetings, wounds, aftercare following ED & SNF admissions, and authorization review for skilled services in a LTC setting. This position does not carry a case load. Its primary role is supportive in nature. This position will work as part of the Interdisciplinary Site Team. Key Responsibilities
Minimum Education & Qualifications
- Utilize laptop systems (eCW, Outlook, and CommonGround) and cell phone to communicate with CCACG East clinical group, CCA administrative team, CCA clinical operations and vendors on a daily basis
- Physical Therapy Assessments
- Treatments administered as indicated
- Visit clients in SNF and observe their mobility & rehab sessions, consult with rehab team, social worker and case managers in collaborating member’s skilled services and discharge plans.
- for the direct care of all One Care and SCO clients.
- Monitor Fall Log for all One Care and SCO clients.
- Initiate Fall Response (consult with care manager team to review incident, recognize trend and provide most appropriate therapeutic intervention as indicated)
- Evaluating legitimacy and coordinate cost effective solutions for DME requests and authorization review.
- Respond to patient directed interventions and all communication.
- Home safety assessments and modifications.
- Work with CCA hospitalists in assessing and decision making of client’s skilled rehab and discharge plans.
- Conduct joint visits with clinical group, treating therapists and GSSC to collaborate and develop most effective plan of care.
- Participates in continuing education activities provided through CCA (CET, Clinical Pearls)
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws
- Bachelors degree, Master degree preferred
- 10+ years of direct experience
- Class D drivers license
- Community ambulation to access various facilities and residencies in a four season climate.
- Occassional lifting during PT evaluations and home safety assessments.
- Physically administer CPR and first aid